Position of Director of External Partnerships at CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Applications are invited for:-
Office of the Associate Vice President – Mr. Laurie Pearcey
Director of External Partnerships
(Ref: 2200009M) (Closing date: March 11, 2022)
Reporting to the Associate Vice President (External Engagement and Outreach), the Director of External Partnerships will be responsible for the leadership and operational delivery of strategic University events, international conferences and building a small team dedicated to advancing CUHK’s reputation in the mainland. China. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for managing partnerships with external organizations to amplify the local, national and global reach and impact of their engagement program. Specifically, the director:
- Provide advice to the Associate Vice President (External Engagement and Outreach) and CUHK senior management on the design of a high-impact program of strategic events and international conferences to advance the University’s reputation at the levels local, national and global
- Partner with organizations with a strong reputation for the University to amplify its events and external engagement program in Hong Kong, mainland China and overseas
- Build relationships with traditional and emerging media organizations to advance the University’s reputation and build brand equity in mainland China
- Provide advice to the Associate Vice President (External Engagement and Outreach) and senior management of CUHK on creating strategies and partnerships to enhance the university’s reputation in mainland China
- Collaborate with CUHK stakeholders such as Office of Vice Chancellor and President, China Engagement Office, Greater Bay Area Developments Office, Office of Research and Knowledge Transfer Services and CUHK-Shenzhen to promote the university’s strategic efforts in mainland China
- Manage relationships with marketing and PR agencies in mainland China and ensure that all CUHK content targeting mainland social media is based on an effective content strategy
Candidates should have (i) a bachelor’s degree (and ideally an advanced degree) in a relevant field such as business studies, communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent professional experience; (ii) demonstrated marketing, communications or public affairs experience in the public or private sector; experience in higher education would be highly appreciated; (iii) proven track record in organizing major strategic events and working in complex stakeholder environments to achieve high impact results; (iv) demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines; (v) excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to manage complex relationships with internal and external stakeholders while achieving good organizational results; (vi) exceptional communication skills with the ability to present to a variety of audiences in a wide range of contexts; and (vii) professional fluency in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese).
The appointment will initially be on a contractual basis for a maximum of three years, renewable subject to mutual agreement.
The University reserves the right to fill the position by invitation.
The University only accepts and considers applications submitted online for the above position. For more information and to apply online, please visit http://career.cuhk.edu.hk.