DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–May 5, 2022–
Automated External Defibrillator market revenue is projected to grow from approximately $1,677.3 million in 2021 to $3,520.5 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.6%.
According to the market research report, the central factor behind this is believed to be the increased incidence of heart disease due to genetic factors, aging and poor lifestyle choices. Additionally, arrhythmias, which AEDs are designed to treat, are not caused solely by heart disease itself, but by many pre-existing conditions.
Additionally, medical device companies are redoubling their efforts to advance the technology of these devices, to make them more accessible and easily usable for patients. For example, the LifeVest, developed by ZOLL Medical Corporation, is a lightweight, portable AED for people at high risk of sudden cardiac arrest. Similarly, the Philips Tempus ALS is a defibrillator with remote monitoring functionality.
Outside of North America, the APAC region is seeing an increase in the purchase of AEDs as governments do more than before to improve their healthcare infrastructure. In addition, the growth of the geriatric population leads to the incidence of all kinds of chronic diseases, which ultimately affect the heart. This is pushing for the installation of AEDs in hospitals, pre-hospital care facilities and even primary care clinics.
Leading companies in the Automated External Defibrillator market are Koninklijke Philips NV, Nihon Kohden Corporation, BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG, SCHILLER AG, Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co. Ltd., Stryker Corporation, ZOLL Medical Corporation, CU Medical System Inc., and Mediana Co. Ltd. To gain a competitive advantage, they launch more advanced portable and non-portable AEDs and acquire similar companies.
The External Defibrillator Market, which generated an estimated revenue of $4,111.4 Million in 2021, will witness a CAGR of 8.7%, to reach $8,709.2 Million by 2030. main reason will be the geriatric population (65 years and over), which has been projected by the UN to grow from 727 million in 2020 to 1.5 billion in 2050. Compared to younger people, older people are more prone to all kinds of diseases, especially cardiovascular diseases.
Key Findings of the Automated External Defibrillator Market Report
- Fully automatic AEDs are purchased in greater numbers because they deliver the electrical impulse faster to correct the abnormal heart rhythm.
- Adults are the biggest beneficiaries of the automated external defibrillator market because they, especially the elderly, are at a higher risk of arrhythmia than younger people.
- North America has the highest number of AEDs in both public and private facilities due to the advanced healthcare infrastructure here and greater general awareness of the benefits of these devices.
- Additionally, the governments of the United States and Canada are taking initiatives at the federal, state/provincial, and county levels to install such lifesaving equipment in public places.
- Hence, the increasing number of publicly available defibrillators is a key trend in the automated external defibrillator market, as these devices save time for emergency personnel to arrive or patients to reach a medical facility.
- Along with this, regional governments are launching programs to train people in the use of these devices. Agencies participating in such initiatives include the American Red Cross (ARC), Ozarks Technical Community College, AHA, Ozarks Safety Council, and CoxHealth.
Chapter 1. Research Context
Chapter 2. Research Methodology
2.4 Market Size Estimation
2.6 Assumptions of the study
Chapter 3. Executive Summary
4.1 Definition of market segments
184.108.40.206 Prehospital care and EMS providers
220.127.116.11 Public access settings
18.104.22.168 Home Care Parameters
22.214.171.124 Hospitals, Clinics and Cardiac Centers
126.96.36.199 Growing focus on installing AEDs in public places
188.8.131.52 Shifting focus from implantable devices to external defibrillators
184.108.40.206 Increase in the number of product launches
220.127.116.11 Advances in AED Technology
18.104.22.168 Increase in the geriatric population
22.214.171.124 Growing number of strategic developments among key players
126.96.36.199 Growing incidence of heart disease
188.8.131.52 Impact Analysis of Drivers on Market Forecast
184.108.40.206 Strict regulatory standards
220.127.116.11 Market Forecast Restrictions Impact Analysis
18.104.22.168 Defibrillation awareness and training programs
4.3 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.4 Regulatory scenario for AEDs
4.5 Refund Policies
Chapter 5. Global Market Size and Forecast
- Koninklijke Philips NV
- Biotronik Se & Co. Kg
- Nihon Kohden Corporation
- Schiller AG
- Stryker Company
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co.Ltd.
- Zoll Medical Society
- Mediana Co. Ltd.
- Cu Medical System Inc.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
SECTOR KEYWORD: HEALTHCARE MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 05/05/2022 10:59 AM/DISC: 05/05/2022 10:59 AM